Thursday 29 December 2016

IDP III FINAL PROJECT: CURATIVE RETREAT (KIDS DIETARY CENTRE)

EATIE BITTIE : PLAY, FUN, HEALTH
"For a Better Future"

EATIE BITTIE IS AN INTEGRATED AND HOLLISITC DIETARY CENTRE WHICH PROMOTES INTERACTIONS BETWEEN PARENTS AND KIDS.  THE SPACE IS DESIGNED TO STRENGTHEN THE BOND BETWEEN THEM BY GETTING INVOLVED WITH THE PROGRAMMES OFFERED SUCH AS  FLOUR POWER, OUTDOOR PLAY AREA, JUNIOR COOKING CLASS. THE CENTRE ALSO SERVES AS DAYCARE WHICH ACCOMODATES KIDS WHILE PARENTS ARE BUSY. THE SERVICES PROVIDED  HEALTHY SNACK BAR, AFTER-SCHOOL LUNCH AND CULINARY CLASSES, EXPOSING THEM WITH FUN, EXPERIMENTAL AND NUTRITIONAL GASTRONOMIC EXPERIENCE.

Development

Padlet Link: https://padlet.com/seenying12/EAITIEBITTIE

Concept: Interactive Balance



Final Presentation Board


 Final Presentation Board Updated



Model (OLD)








Reflection
Throughout this assignment, I gained a lot in terms of knowledge and also physical mindset. At the beginning of this assignment, I was quite lost as i couldn't seem to get my direction right. I encountered a few problems while designing  a space for kids and at the first try, the proposed design was nothing related to kids as it looks too dark and gloomy. When i started to play around with colors, everything just seems wrong. It looks like plastic and a cheap toy house. When i started to do some research about kids interior, I slowly realized that kids interior can be designed with minimal amount of colours but still remain exciting with the implementation of playful and quirky elements. I started to look at Nordic interior and made some reference into their usage of colors as well as materials but transforming them into a more playful approach with the usage of curves and diagonal lines. The combination of diagonal and curvy element smooth out the edges and rigidness of a space while it also provides safety and playful interior for the kids to stay. As much as i understand further about the implementation of various design elements regarding to kids interior under the guidance the lecturers, I also learned how to bring in a balance between a space used by both kids and adults and was trying hard to achieve an optimum ergonomics for both category of users. While having difficulties applying my idea into the interior space, I encounter a dilemma on the significance of my design and was having the thought that my design was bad to an extend that I started to hate my own design. As I was doubting myself about my working abilities, my friends and lecturers started to give me confidence and  suggestions. With the help and guidance from the lecturers and few of my classmates, I was able to at least produce a work with a acceptable outcome. I realized that confidence and trust in my own design ideas and implementation are important as if I don't even like my own design, no one else will appreciate it too as I dun appreciate it myself.


Padlet Link: https://padlet.com/seenying12/EAITIEBITTIE

No comments:

Post a Comment